We understand that your privacy is an important concern, especially for a personal finance app like Cabbage. Cabbage, LLC the creator of the Cabbage app and the www.firsthabitswin.com website, is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our users. This Privacy and Security Policy explains how Cabbage protects the information provided to us through the website www.firsthabitswin.com and through our mobile apps.
1. Your Personal Information is never sold or rented, to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Personal information refers to information that can identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, location, online identifiers. It can also include any data you provide while using Cabbage, like your spending history. This information is collected when you use our website or our mobile apps. Your information will only be used:
- To fulfill your requests for service, such as providing access to your patch and associated budgets and accounts via our mobile apps;
- To improve your experience, such as suggesting previously used payee names based on your location;
- To communicate with you regarding the Cabbage service;
- To be used in the aggregate in a non-personally identifiable way to improve Cabbage;
- As otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
2. We keep your information safe.
All of the information submitted to Cabbage is secured using bank-grade 256-bit SSL in a secure datacenter.
3. We don’t share your information with third parties.
Cabbage does NOT sell or rent your contact information or other personally identifiable information to third parties. Cabbage may only share Personal Information with third-party contractors when:
- You provide your consent.
- We need to share your information to provide a product or service you have requested.
- We need to share your information to companies who work on Cabbage’s behalf, who are bound by the same privacy restrictions as described in this Privacy and Security Policy. These companies include Amazon Web Services (data storage), and Walden Works (App Developer).
- To comply with law enforcement.
4. You can always access or remove your information, and opt-out of hearing from us.
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be correct if it is inaccurate. You may also ask us to remove your personally identifiable information; once you ask us, we’ll delete it from our database within 30 days. Your personally identifiable information will also be completely removed from any logs and backups within 12 months, or after the period we’re legally required to keep records to comply with laws like anti-money laundering or financial regulations.
When we receive a request, we will verify that the information in the request matches what we have in our records. For example, if you send the request from the email address on your Cabbage patch that has owner credentials, that can be used to verify that you own the Cabbage patch. Otherwise, we may ask for extra information to verify and confirm your patch ownership. You may opt-out of receiving marketing e-mail communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of our e-mails or sending us mail or e-mail at the address below.
5. But, we can’t control what you do on public websites!
Remember that any comments you write on our blog or our forums can be viewed and used by anyone on the internet. Cabbage is not responsible for the privacy or security of any information disclosed on these public forums.
6. Your Non-Personal Information may be used to improve our service.
Like many other websites and mobile apps, firsthabitswin.com and the Cabbage apps may collect technical information, such as what browser you’re using or how much time you spend on a certain page or screen, to help us understand how you use Cabbage. Similarly, our site also employs an internet technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small files that save information about your visit to our site. None of this information is used to identify you personally, but is used in the aggregate to help us improve the site’s performance, design, and stability.
7. Your data is stored in the United States.
If you are a resident of any country outside the United States, you understand and agree that we store and process your personal information on computers located in the United States, and that by providing any information to us, you consent to the transfer of such information to the United States.
8. Have questions? Contact us.
We may decide to change this Privacy and Security Policy, but if we do we’ll post the changes here. If you have any questions about this Privacy and Security Policy you can contact us at:
P.O. Box 158
Perry, KS 66073
Last Revised: April 17, 2021.